vendredi 19 novembre 2010

The Catcher in the Rye, Chapter 2

In this chapter, Holden expresses opinions that critics believe are typical for teenagers. In the following excerpt from the chapter, Holden states that people see him as immature when he is often mature.

"Sometimes I at a lot older than I am-I really do-but people never notice it. People never notice anything."

Where do you feel that you fit on the scale of mature versus immature behavior?

The way I see it I can be very mature for my age but when i am mixed up with certain personalities I can be pretty immature, but I don’t see the harm in being a little childish once in a while. Compared to some people that I have met in my life time, I almost look like a saint, when I try to be. I recognize that there is a time for everything and sometimes you might have to grow up a bit, like school for example how do you expect to succeed if you're constantly making noises or just being a goof? So i do my best to set a good example in the class room but sometimes I just can’t help but be immature.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire